Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm with Wes

I am sitting at my Grandma's house hanging out with Wesley. We have tried playing XBOX with Wes and he can kind of manipulate the controller to play. He can beat my mom.

"Hi" That is from Wes.

Ry: Wes, what is your favorite thing to do?
Wes: Sleep and be with family and friends.
He is always asking to go visit someone and he asks all the time if anyone is coming to visit.

Ry: How fast does your wheelchair go?
Wes: This one goes 6.5, but the one I am getting goes 8 mph and it's lime green.

Ry: How do you feel when your in the waters?
Wes: good... like I'm in the water

Ry: Have you moved your legs at all?
Wes: Yes, in the water and when it has spasms. I bent my knee a little in the water.

Ry: What's your favorite game?
Wes: Games. Rummikub, Connect 4, sequence, Jenga

Ry: What's your favorite IPAD app?
Wes: I don't know, I play all of them. I know what your favorite is... photo booth. (I'll show my works of art soon.)

Ry: What did you do at therapy today?
Wes: Machine Weights for my shoulders

Ry: How soon do you want to go back to Montana?
Wes: Soon

(Wesley is not very talkative)

Ry: Do you have any pain?
Wes: (chuckles) yeah! Shoulders, neck, and hip

Ry: What place is the most numb?
Wes: My fingers. I feel my toes more than I feel my fingers.

Ry: What annoys you the most that people may do to you?
Wes: Touch my toes

Ry: What's your favorite subject in school to do homework for?
Wes: None of them!

Ry: How is Dallin at helping you do your homework?
Wes: He deosn't understand anything, I have to explain it.

Ry: What is your favorite thing to eat?
Wes: food
Trev: Boogers

Ry: What is the most difficult thing to do?
Wes: walk (then he laughed)



My mom is overwhelmed with the generosity of everybody. Everyone has been so kind to Wes by sending him packages and cards and letters. We all appreciate it and it brightens Wesley's day. She has started to write thank you notes but her time is consumed elsewhere... with Wesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment