Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Thursday, February 16, 2012

2.16.12 Update

Hello Friends,

I don't know if I have told anyone this but.... I love my brother. He smiles and laughs everyday. He loves getting hugs and kisses from nieces and nephews.

Today Wesley informed us that he had more feeling in his toes. He still can't move them but he feels them more and has been wanting is feet rubbed all the time.

They physical therapists came in today and sat him on the edge of the bed. One stands behind him and helps balance him and the other is in front and generally holds onto Wesley's arm. Today a miracle happened. Wes was able to sit up without the one behind him touch him. He pushed and pulled against the man holding onto his arm to keep his balance in a sitting position. They were amazed. This boy is determined. I didn't get a picture of it today but hopefully I will tomorrow.

Today when he got in his big chair we wheeled him down to the 2nd floor where there is a big indoor bridge that connects to the parking garage. He was able to look outside through the windows there. By the time the walk was over Wesley was exhausted.

A family friend of our brought the game farkel for us to play. None of us had ever played it so I read all the instructions and learned how to play today. It looks really fun. I put the little tray in Wesley's lap and put dice in his hand and he flipped his hand over and rolled the dice in the tray. He can't hold on to the dice but I was pretty excited he could do that. I made up a game and he won, but I think he cheated. I told him if he rolled an even number he gets a point and if he rolls an odd number I get a point. Well he stopped playing while he was ahead.

We have been blessed with so many great friends and family members. We draw strength from your prayers and encouragement.

Things to pray for:
-Wesley's fever to go away and not come back
-For Wesley to be healthy enough to move down to the rehab center by Monday.
-Wesley's cough to go away.

I love you all,
Ry

2 comments:

  1. Wes, I'm not surprised that you are pushing yourself hard. It was so good to see you. Your strength has helped me deal with my own struggles. YOU are a blessing from God to everyone that knows you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job sitting up!! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Everyone is so proud of you and your determination.

    ReplyDelete