Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Story Part 3

I apologize for the lack of a post yesterday. I was having some internet connection problems. It seems to be just fine now. I am going through my Dad's journal again and I will keep going where I left off.

"Currently it is 3:50 AM on Wednesday, February 8th, just 3.5 days after the accident. I am sitting here by Wesley's bed reflecting on the that have transpired since Saturday. The intensive care unit is relatively quiet, or as quiet as one could expect at this time of the morning in a part of the hospital that has many patience facing life threatening circumstances. I am watching Wes as he rotates sideways in a special bed made for injuries such as this. He has sufficient pain killers in his system to help him rest somewhat peacefully. As I reflect on the events of Saturday I am overwhelmed by his faith and trust that everything will turn out well."

I think everyone living in the area has heard that if you get injured, drive past Bozeman hospital and go straight to Billings. Our experience thus far has proved far opposite of what we had heard.

Mom and Dad were greeted by a Dr. Jutzy, a radiologist. He explained to them that the surgeon, Dr. Speth, was on his way. Dr. Speth had been skiing at Big Sky Resort, which is near Moonlight Basin, with his family when he was contacted about Wes. Dr. Jutzy said we would not find a better doctor if we looked all over the country than Dr. Speth. As he drove toward the hospital he was on the phone and already calling all the shots; ordering x-rays and some other tests.

My dad recalls how nice it was to not have to worry about filling out paperwork. In fact, it was a few days before they had to worry about anything. Wesley's care was the top priority and concern amongst the hospital staff. A close second was their concern from Mom and Dad. There kindness went far beyond what was expected.

If you have not yet figured it out, we are devout members of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.We are true followers of Jesus Christ and true believers in the power of prayer. Miracles were performed anciently in bible times and miracles still continue to be performed today. Since Saturday we have witnessed many miracles on Wesley's behalf.

On with the story, at the hospital Dad followed Wes to the radiology department where he would get some x-rays done. Wes did not have to wait at all to get them done. They had cleared everything so Wes would get the tests done as quickly as possible. As soon as the x-rays were available, Dr. Jutzy reviewed them with Mom and Dad. Dr. Speth had still not arrived but Dr. Jutzy wanted to make sure they were kept in the loop.

From the x-ray place they went to radiology. Dr. Jutzy had cleared everything so Wesley didn't have to wait for anyone. Wesley remained calm and trusting as they performed various tests on him. Dad stayed by his side the whole time wishing he could trade places with Wes.

I'm sorry. I'm a little too tired to think about writing right now so I'm going to quickly give you an update on Wes and I'll try adding more to the story this evening later.

Wes has a fever of 103 right now and he is feeling dizzy. His body is hurting quite a bit. We do have some good news. When the physical therapists came in they stretched his leg up and he could feel the stretch in his back.

I promised him I'd be back in his room in a few minutes to rub his head for an hour. Please forgive me for the hasty end to this post. I will try to get back on this evening. I have to tell you about Team Wesley.

Tomorrow is Wesley Greene Day at Three Forks High School. They are all wearing green and taking a picture. I think I am going to try to wear green tomorrow too.

2 comments:

  1. I think we should all wear green...Go Team Wesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wesley, Karen and Gary,
    Just wanted you to know you are all in our thoughts and prayers constantly. We will be praying for you as you head on your new journey to Phoenix. Tom will miss seeing Wes every day. All of us will be wearing "Greene" tomorrow to support Wes!
    Bob and Julie Morton

    ReplyDelete