Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Friday, February 17, 2012

To My Brother

Dear Wesley,

It must be hard to lay in bed all day in the same room and needing help to complete even the most simple of tasks. You are strong and brave. Every day as I first see you I want to hold you in my arms and let you cry on my shoulder for as long as you need.  When I cry I cover my face with my hands, if you need me to be your hands, I will be.

Somehow, you stay focused on how this affecting others. You worry about Mom and Dad and their happiness. I sure hope you know you will always bring them happiness. Today we wheeled you outside FOR THE FIRST TIME and you were worried that the kids were being too loud right near where a woman was sitting. You told me that you thought she was trying to relax.

I yearn to help you. I don't know how. You are being such a good example to others. You will always be my little Webs.

I love you,
Ry



1 comment:

  1. Ryanne. I'm so grateful to have the internet so we can be connected to Wesley's recovery and to feel your love for him. It reminds me how grateful I am to have known the awesome Greene family. I especially appreciated this line from the post, you're a fantastic sister:

    "When I cry I cover my face with my hands, if you need me to be your hands, I will be."

    ReplyDelete