Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Love my Brother

Written by: Ryanne

I flew into Bozeman today and spent a few minutes with Wes. He gave me a few smiles and he looked really good to me. He gave a big grin when he heard the Giants won the Superbowl. He also smiled when I showed him the alligator head I brought him from Louisiana. 

He is getting the tube that helps him breathe removed tomorrow morning. I think he will be really happy to get that out. It is very irritating and causes him to gag a lot. He will be able to talk and hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow some of the things he says. 

This community has been wonderful. Several churches in Three Forks had special prayer meetings for him. What can I say? A lot of people love my brother. 

We have also felt prayers from around the world. Thank you so much to everyone. Wesley is very blessed to have so many good friends and family members and I feel blessed to have Wesley as a brother.

Wesley's good friend, Jacoby, sent this picture to my dad and I just had to post it because it makes me laugh. Thanks Jacoby.

My letter to Wes for tonight..
Dear Webs,
I am so amazed. Even though you were all hooked up to tubes today you still looked good. I even got to hold your hand, which you haven't let me do since you were a little boy. One time you and I went on a bike ride and you fell and as you looked about to cry, I told you that you had just done an amazing trick and flipped your bike a few times. You were so happy. You got back on your bike and we hurried home to tell everyone about your big trick. I wish that could work now.
Again, Web, I am amazed. I am amazed that the first thing you said to Dad when he came down to where you were was, "Dad, I can't feel my arms and legs. Will you give me a blessing?" Your faith is incredible. Before going into surgery the only thing you worried about was missing President Heaps talk at church the next day. I love you so much and I will be telling you that about a million times a day. Get used to it.
Love,
Ry

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryanne, thanks so much for keeping the blog updated! We all really like to see how things are going and I really like the pictures!

    Wes, You are an inspiration to me! The effect that you have had on everyone is amazing. Reading all the little stories and updates of your progress and your strength helps to strengthen my testimony. You make us all stronger with your example and faith! You truly are amazing! We are all praying for you and speedy recovery.God Bless and get better. :)

    Much Love
    Destiny and the Rochford family

    ReplyDelete