Here's the deal

On February 4, 2012 Wesley was in a skiing accident and broke his neck. He is 16 years old and is planning to graduate high school this year. There are not many 16 year old boys as amazing as he is. He is kind, thoughtful, and good looking.to date on his progress. I will make sure Wesley gets to read every comment this blog receives. My siblings and I will try to keep this blog current.



Saturday, February 18, 2012

Meet The Family

I have to take a moment to acknowledge my family. Wesley is a lucky guy to have so much family support. Here are some facts and pictures of 15 of his number one fans.

This picture was taken a year and a half ago. We like to pretend we are models and as you look at this picture you will be able to see that we do have talent. (sarcasm)

About a year and a half ago we took a family vacation to Disneyland and California Adventure. We love spending time together and having a good time. Again, note the modeling tendencies.



This is my Mom and Dad. They are pretty cool parents. I have to say they have been by Wesley's side almost 24 hours a day since the accident (2 weeks ago). They sleep at the hospital every night just in case Wes wakes up with an itch, a pain, a cough, or just needs someone to talk to. I have always known they are fabulous but seeing them tackle this trial together has made me see their strengths much more clearly.

The 4 little cuties are my older sister's children. My sister, Britt, and her husband, Nate, have also helped so much to care for Wesley. Nate spent the night with Wes last week so my parents could get a full night of rest in. Britt has brought by treats for Wes... homemade red velvet cupcakes. Yum! The nieces and nephews keep Wesley smiling. They also draw him a lot of pictures. 

These two boys are my older brother, Dallin, and his wife, Ashley's, sons. Wes has quite a connection with them. Dallin flew up to Montana last weekend to help watch Wes and he made him laugh and smile. Ashley visits the hospital almost daily with the 2 boys. They give Wes kisses and hugs.

 Well, then there is me. And there is Ben. We don't have children so I have to actually post a picture of us... so here we are. In all of our glory. When Wesley first met Ben he didn't like him very much. Even though Wes is 9 years younger than me, he felt that he had to be protective. After getting to know Ben they became fast friends, and very close.

 I don't think I need words to describe my younger brother, Trevor... just look at the picture.
I am just kidding. My brother, Trevor, is amazing. He is funny, and funny, and kind, and thoughtful, and good looking. He just got home from serving a two year mission in Thailand and is now in college. He will probably kill me for posting these pictures, but they will make Wes laugh.

This one below is especially a gem. Trevor drove up to Montana as soon as he heard about the accident to be with my parents as they waited for Wes to come out of surgery. He also came up the next weekend. He is talented at getting Wes to smile and laugh.

Wesley is younger than Trevor by 6 years. He is the little brother. I can say, on behalf of my whole family, that we all love him so much. We will do all we can to get him smiling more and more. Wesley is a light. He has always been the quiet, steadfast example of obedience to all of his older siblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment